Monday 4 January 2010

It's My Birthday and I'll...

eat cake if I want to!!  In fact, I did... eat cake, that is, and quite a lot of it!!  My friend Trudie made me a lovely chocolate cake for my birthday and my friend Ping bought me a really decadent cheesecake along with lots of lovely little chocolate sweet/cake thingies.... so I am all caked out!!  Eat cake now for tomorrow we may diet....  The girls who take mini book classes from me completely outdid themselves and made me the most fabulous mini book, each doing a page.  I'll photograph it in daylight tomorrow and show you... I must be a heck of a teacher or they must be excellent students... not sure which!! ;)

My Mum had two of her Granddaughter's to stay for Christmas and she asked me to make them a mini book each to put photos of thier holiday in so I have been busy getting the first one done...


I used K&Co Sera Sera papers and opted for one of my favourite designs.

This is the book opened up and viewed from the top.

This is the handbag to hold the mini book, I quite like the way its turned out.  Now I just need to get on and do the other one... similar so as not to cause arguments but different enough so that they are individual...

10 comments:

  1. I think you is a great teacher ... Happy Birthday hun ... fab book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you!

    This mini book that you made is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have had a fab birthday.

    Love the book & bag - I am fond of that type of mini book too...I believe someone not too far away (cyberwise LOL) first introduced this style to me...

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh happy returns Annette! Mmm cake. I'd go with being an awesome teacher. Suits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Anette :D
    Mini books are as gorgeous as ever :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy All-You-Can-Eat Cake Day, Annette. Safe & Fun travels my dear!
    xoxoxoxox
    nan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the little books Annette - hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated birthday wishes to you hun...hope you have had the best day...and got to eat a ton of cake too LOL I just love the designs...you are so clever! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!
    That book and bag is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)