Saturday 25 July 2009

Gosh, it's been how long?

I apologise for being away for so long, but have been mega busy working on stuff that I can't show you for a wee bit yet! You never know, it might be worth the wait.... ;)

This is a little chipboard book I made from the Kaisercraft Babushka papers. Once I saw those dolls I had to trace them and use them as a pattern to make chipboard pages - then found out that Kaisercraft actually make a chipboard book in this shape!! LOL typical... but I wouldn't have been able to get hold of it out here so I guess my hard work didn't go to waste.
I love those little paper beads dangling from the bottom of the pages - used instructions I found here by Nichole Heady to make them and they are so easy and look really great. I will be using these on o'wires in the future, I am sure!
Once I get home I am going to photograph the Babushka dolls that Chris bought me when he was working in Kazakhstan - they are so beautiful and such works of art... not your normal big thick Russian doll with about 5 or 6 dolls inside... these are stunning and contain 15 - 18 dolls - the smallest being the size of the tip of my pinky fingernail and still with all the painted face and dress.... some people have have infinite amount of patience.... cos mine would be blobs of paint way before I got to the smallest!!

And this is what my doorstep looks like all day... Mummy cat and her 4 remaining kittens (I found a home for one of them, another is spoken for and 3 are still looking)... they lay here because there is a cool draft coming under the door from the aircon in the lounge... well, more than a draft now as Chris and I felt sorry for them laying in 45 degree heat and removed the draft excluder from the inside of the door! What are we like? ;)

Oh and this is Cheesie... she has come to stay for 2 weeks while his owners go on vacation... and what a noisy parrot she is!! She has an interesting range of sounds.... her previous owner was a math teacher so you get interesting titbits like "the square root of 48 is 6.9" and I think he ate a lot of microwaved food.... ping ping piiiiiiiing.......... and last week she had to go to the vets in a car with a cat in a basket............ who cried all the way there......... so she has a crying cat off now too!
I'm thinking that in two weeks I could teach her some really good stuff, especially as she is the only thing still living that has had the nerve to call me 'sweetie'.... or I can at least persuade Chris to teach her some Cockney slang.... it's his boss' parrot so it may be interesting!! LOL

21 comments:

  1. I love your little book, absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette - have been missing ya!!

    The book is fab...just love all those little danglies.

    Sounds like you have been busy so am looking forward to when we can see all your latest creations.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annette - I wondered where you were - it seemed like you had gone to ground like me! Hey ho - glad you've been busy - I have but with all things none scrap related! Anyway just blogged myself and spotted you had too - love the mini book and the paper beads - will have a read of those later. The cats are adorable and the parrot - well it would be great to hear what you manage to teach him whilst his owners are away!

    Hope you are having a great Saturday

    Hugs

    Virginia (Celtic Angel on UKS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back and with such a lovely book.
    That parrot is very clever to pick up things so quickly ....now what could you teach her?????
    I do hope you find good homes for the remaining 3 beautiful kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marhaba, Annette! (I speak the Lebanese/Palestinian dialect..hope it's understandable) Wish I had just a FRACTION of your creativity. Thanks also for the link to the Zutter Zisters....oh, to be so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving that Babushka doll sweetie *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annette, been quiet while you been busy, havin fun by the looks of thing's.... Love the book and the bead's must try your way of doing them, but How long is the strip of paper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This mini album is great! and I am sure that the fact you made it yourself make it more special than if you had bought it ready-made!
    Can't wait to see what is on it's way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the book is gorgeous..great idea..the beads are just fabby. Teach the parrot your website address; no such thing as bad publicity!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm in love with that mini book - and I'm not even a fan of mini books but I am of Russian Dolls ;)Can we see a piccie of your one?

    You so have to teach the birdie some cockney rhyming slang, how funny would that be?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the projects! Love the kitties. I'd take one off your hands if it didn't involve several nations LOL!!!! Yes...teach that bird some good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to see you back in the blogging world again.
    I absolutely love this little book - so beautiful. I bought the clear stamps and unfortunately are still sitting in their packet - you have given me inspiration to use them.
    Have fun training the parrot!!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those beads - and the work on that blog is beautiful! I'll definately be making some of them, but I'm not sure I could make a pretty bracelet like hers. Wish I could though!

    Love that parrot - bet he's great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annette - I just Love your new book and I drop by your blog often and love your stories of living in saudi. The kittens are such a lovely story and I love the photo of them sitting on your doorstep enjoying the Aircon....LOL...

    Thank you for your kind words on my new blog - much appreciated - Michelle (Ozzycat!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the new mini-book, its lush !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving the new doll minibook! and I want a kitty!!!! :( shame they are so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have left a little something for you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow what a beautiful book

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohhhh, I want one of those kitties .. AlfieCat needs a pal to play with...don't tell OH tho...he would so not be impressed...as for the aircon hun...bless ya, ya big softeeeee....hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)