Tuesday 6 April 2010

The Cat Files

I decided that having bits of paper and vaccination records and such like all over the place was not going to do much good when it comes to export Pandora and Tom-Tom home so I made up a book with pockets and things to hold all the important stuff in one place. I have kept the cover deliberately plain as I want to be able to carry it in my bag and didn't want embellies to be squished or torn off.
This is Pandora and the pocket with her vaccination documents.
A transparent pocket with all the vet contact details and Tom-Tom's documents.
Another transparent pocket to hold the bar code strips for their chips and a few blank pages for me to be able to add export documents and such like.
I wanted to keep all the bits from falling out and being lost so I used a piece of elastic to hold the book closed and keep all the stray bits of paper safe. I used eyelets to hold the elastic ends in place inside the back cover of the book.
 and made a wee half circle with my trusty Crop-a-Dile so that the elastic will stay in place.

12 comments:

  1. This is not just a useful item and can be addapted for so many uses but it is sooooooo pretty...lucky Tom-Tom and Pandora to have such a Record Book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Imagine, all the mini books you'll have in your travel bag, am hugely impressed by your organisation - and then you happen to use yummy papers - nothing utility about your useful things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Useful and attractive - great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and efficient and your books pretty cool too X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! How very organised you are .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thi is so clever and prety. I think I need a dog file for my Foxy'x important bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thi is so clever and prety. I think I need a dog file for my Foxy'x important bits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! Now that's a good idea. Looks lovely and not too bulky either :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Annette, your timing is perfect. My niece's DH is being posted to Germany in June (Army) so they have to up-sticks...including the dogs. I see a doggy version on the horizon.

    The papers you have used on this are so pretty.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it! how cute it is and super handy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely book and a great idea! Thanks for sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)