Tuesday 9 February 2016

T on Tuesday

The sun is shining and there is no gale blowing... what a lovely morning to join in with T on Tuesday with Elizabeth and Bleubeard nd spend some time in my scrap room and visit with the T folk!  I have a frothy coffee beside me and have been having a play with a sheet of A4 copy paper trying to fold it into an envelope with a leaf origami folded thingy on the front... from the one sheet of paper!

Why you ask?  Because I want to see if I can!  The destructions were in Chinese and the auto translation left a lot to be desired but the photos were easy enough to follow... well, if I am successful then yes, easy enough to follow!
It worked... not bad for a first try! LOL Apologies for the photos but my camera battery just died so had to use my phone and it hates the light in my scrap room.
and then I did this one with gift wrap paper - think it is  easier to use thinner papers to start with.  I think they are rather sweet and you could write your letter or do a drawing or a poem on the inside and then fold it up... not much good for posting but nice if you can hand it to someone?
Will be popping in to see what other peeps are doing today!

16 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have your morning to play and not have to head out into the snow and cold. Your frothy drink looks warm and I LOVE your envelope. How pretty! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your folded pieces, looks like they require a lot of patience! Enjoy your frothy coffee and sunshine, it's pouring non-stop here. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful envelope! Thanks for the link. I've had a look and I'm going to have a go.
    Happy T-day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh waht really pretty envelopes!! I have done a few origami pieces but you're right in that they are dimensional and delicate and not for putting in the mail. Your leaves are a delight to see though. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing and really pretty! I believed you when you said it was from one pieces of paper, but I really had to go to the link and see for myself. Not sure I understand or could do it, but I did like the little quilled flower--which I can do! Thanks for sharing this on T Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Queen of Paper Engineering has struck again! This is fantastic. Love, love, love how you made it look easy, although I know it wasn't. It's amazing what you can do with a single piece of paper.

    Olney, England competes with the town of Liberal, Kansas each year with a traditional Pancake race on Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday). Your pancake eating jogged my memory because it's a BIG deal in Kansas.

    Thanks for sharing your coffee AND your beautiful envelopes with us for T this Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever you. Well done on working out how the destructions were meant to go. The result is lovely.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been so long since I did any origami, but these pieces inspire me. How pretty! Happy T Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh precious paper folded lovelies you made ♥ My origami ventures are very limited (a shirt and dress).
    Your frothy coffee sounds tempting too!
    Happy T Day oxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. very ingenious and striking design! I love origami but usually am very bad at actually figuring out the instructions...great job! happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable envelopes.Origami is a fantastic art.Enjoy your frothy coffee. Here the sun is shining too.happy T day!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's gorgeous, I've played with some origami elements in the past but nothing recently!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the envelope! I envy you the patience to do all of the required folding :) Happy T day!!! a bit late again :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've seen those envelopes, and wondered if they would be hard to make......you were very successful on your first try! Bravo!!

    Belated T-day wishes

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well that is clever and kudos for you for figuring tha t out on very little instructions..! Happy Belated Tea day my dear!!Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)