Tuesday 13 July 2010

The Cats are Home!!

What a busy and fun weekend we had, on Saturday friends took us to the Calgary Stampede and we watched the chuckwagon races and a fabulous outdoor show and firework display.
This a picture of the chuckwagon races... it rained all day and the state of the drivers was urgh....


This was the band and VIP guests... the Mounties are for Misteejay!!


After the chuckwagon races this huge stage was pulled into place by tractors.


and we were entertained by song and dance groups, a fab comedian who thinks about camping along similar lines to myself, and a firework display that was amazing.


Sorry about the picture quality but my camera couldn't cope with the dark and distance!!
  Now, call me a bit simple but I really never thought of Canada as cowboy country!!  Well, the ten days of the Stampede Calgary becomes cowtown!!  You have never seen so much denim and jackets with frills on them!!  Cowboy hats are the thing too... so Chris and I bought ourselves a couple.  I have a photo of us wearing them but its on my phone and although I have had it a couple of years I have yet to figure out how to actually get the pictures off it and onto my computer where they might be useful!!  Mine cowboy hat was a pink one.... well, it had to be, didn't it?

On Sunday we went to the airport and collected the two cats.  They were as pleased to see us as we were to see them.  Pandora just lay on the floor and waited to be picked up and cuddled and purred like mad.  TomTom is bruised and battered and looks like he has gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson... all self inflicted as he really fights himself the moment you put him in a carrier.  Hopefully in a few days he will be feeling less sore and jetlagged.


A bit bruised and travel weary...


Pandy has found a comfy spot in my wardrobe..
Chris and I have also found a house we like!!  We put an offer on it last night so I am sitting here waiting to hear back from the seller... once we have that sorted, I just need to find a car, buy some furniture and move before the end of the month.... LOL

I was out on the balcony of the apartment and saw a magpie.  Now, I am not an overly superstitious person but whenever I see one magpie I have to look about to find its partner... well, I found not only its partner but an entire family gathering under the trees across the road!!  I counted 9 in all and now I have the old magpie song/rhyme going on in my head.... I always say the rhyme 'one for sorrow, two for joy, (which is why I have to look till I see the second), three for a girl and four for a boy, five for silver and six for gold, (either would be handy just now), seven for a secret never to be told, eights a wish and nines a kiss, tens a bird you must not miss.... magpie....'.   Must remember to keep the windows closed if there is anything shiny about....

6 comments:

  1. That was quick house hunting Annette!! - well done.
    Do you have to completely furnish it?
    Canada looks really good, Have fun!
    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. You simply amaze me with all you do.... and SOOOO in your stride. Good luck with the new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased the cats arrived safely ..although a little damaged ...sounds like a parcel lol
    It looks as though you are having an amazing time ...fantastic atmospheric shots. Hope the house works out fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yipeeeeeeeeee, Mounties - thank you Annette.

    Glad the cats have arrived safely and that you seem to be well on the way to having a house.

    You are not the only one who thinks of that rhyme when they see a magpie...the horrid things have been fighting with the other birds here - found loads of feathers on the lawn this evening.

    Hope all goes well with the house.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fab day out! LOL at the Mounties for Toni.

    Poor Tom, I hope he recovers soon. Pandy looks like she's made herself at home already!

    Good luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well Annette I said it before and I must must must say it again, you lead such a hectic but exciting life - you wanna swap!

    Good luck for the house purchase - and to poor ole tom - I am so happy you have them with you.

    Gilly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)