Tuesday 30 October 2012

Cybercrop Class with extra mini

The Secret Diary of a Well-Travelled Lady
UKScrappers are having a cybercrop and I was asked to do a tutorial so surprise, surprise, I chose to make a minibook.... and I had a couple of those matchboxes sitting there so made this.  Now don't laugh, but I actually shipped those matchboxes from Canada to Scotland and if you had seen the look on the face of the guy that was packing the scraproom when he pointed out that I wouldn't be allowed to pack matches... when I promptly emptied the contents into the bin and told him I only wanted the actual matchboxes anyway!!
Inside one of the matchboxes is a smaller mini and the instructions for making it are:
You will need:

2 chipboard covers 4" x 2 1/4"
8 pages 3 3/4" x 4 1/4" of single sided patterned paper
Offcuts for the tags
Ribbon, buttons, flowers etc for decorating.
Cover the fronts and backs of your chipboard covers.  Sand the edges and then ink them.
Fold the cut pages in half and put double sided tape at the top and bottom on each back. 

The centres need to free of tape so that you can put tags into the pockets that are formed when you attach the pages to each other.
Attach each of the pages to the next one so that you end up with double thickness pages except for the first and the last... these will be attached to the inside of the front cover and back cover.
Make small tags and decorate them.
I used my circle punch and cut little semi circles on the pages to make inserting the tags easier.
Decorate your pages and front cover with ribbons etc.
Insert your little mini into the matchbox of your larger version.
Your done!! 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing class Annette and this added extra is the cream on top - fabulous. Thank you so much for bringing us such a wonderful creation.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the MASTER at making this type of book. While you were on your way to Scotland, one person asked for drawers in the altered book for student choice. I gave a link to your not so patient book you made. I loved it, as I do this one.

    Have you moved, yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Toni - the icing on the cake for the minibook - I did a happy dance around the kitchen last night when I spotted that one of the classes on UKS was a minibook by you - I then gathered up lots of other minibooks off my shelves and paraded them in front of my sister - "this is a Voodoo Vixen book and this one and this one..." you get the idea! Thank you Annette so much you really have made this cybercrop for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for uploading the instructions for the additional mini book.You are so talented !

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply lovely - will try to have a go. Thanks Annette.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fascinated with all your beautiful art work.. oh my I could be here for hours.
    I thought you might enjoy one of my blogs
    http://caryl-park.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful mini book, I have missed your posts (just caught up on the last couple now and I see you are off on your journey again!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You won't be surprised as i write, that i love it, don't you? Hmm and the yummy G 45 paper fits fantastic. Your ideas are always brilliant! (:o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Annette
    Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment on my blog - I didnt get chance to do your class during the CC as I was visiting family in the UK, and even though I tidied it, there was always somebody stopping me gettimg into my craft room!

    Your work is amazing and I cant wait to have a go at your fabby mini book - Thanks so much for putting so many great ideas on your blog - you really are such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic creation - I love everything you make.
    Neet x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)