Sunday 3 March 2013

Not much to show for my time...

I am in that flux situation... not really 'here' anymore but not in Oz either!  I have found numerous things that I forgot to have packed... poop.  All my Graphic 45 paper pads for one... that was a very sad moment, let me tell you!  Chris said to bring another case and put them in... think they will be joined with a few more bits and pieces before I fly. I'll pass on the saucepan drawer... just have to buy a new set when I get there! LOL
I was on Pinterest the other day and came across something called a tussie mussie... had not heard the term before but liked what I saw so had a go at making one.
Now the purests out there will correct me and say that this is a replica of a Victorian cone... the actual tussie mussie is the little bouquet of flowers that sits inside... but tussie mussie is such a fun thing to say I am using the term anyways!



7 comments:

  1. Color me ignorant, then, because I thought the cone (and what it was filled with) was called a tussie-mussie. I used to make them for May Day, which is a lost celebration, in my opinion.

    I'll be so glad when you get where you're going. This being in flux can get dicey. At least this is the very last time, at least we can hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very pretty Annette.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an extra case is the way to go! Love the tussie mussie. I had heard of it before, but not sure if it is the cone or the flowers or the gift idea in that shape...what ever...I too like the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful ....never heard of it to be honest ...but then there are loads i've never heard of. lol

    I bet the air was blue when you discovered all the missing items ....good luck with the move and new home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your tussie mussie! So pretty and would be beautiful for a bridesmaid, or even the bride!
    Hope you are keeping calm through all your move plans and I'll be glad when you tell me you are settled. (and crafting and also making quilts for children in OZ too). Hang on in!
    love jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't care if that is the correct name or not - the finished item is beautiful and I love that name.

    Hope the extra case doesn't become two LOL

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tussie mussie is gorgeous and I imagine it with freesias in. Pretty to look at and pretty to smell.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)