Sunday 15 October 2017

Faux books...

Faux books sounds way more arty farty than fake books, doesn't it?  ;)  I had a dilemma, I had the corner unit in my kitchen placed hard against the wall last week and the light switch and sockets put inside the cupboard space... which was a huge improvement on the light switch being covered up and unreachable and the sockets making the unit stick out in the room.
so I ended up with all the cables and stuff in the bottom shelf and it really didn't look that nice.
So Graphic 45 papers and a load of chipboard and a morning playing at my desk created this...
Yay!  Sorted... it is attached to the sides with magnets so I can remove it easily and get to the socket or plugs if required and it looks great.



8 comments:

  1. Greetings from Chester, UK. A nice shelf unit! Good luck to you and your endeavours.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous - lovely to see you in the blogging world xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really clever! as you say, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have once again earned the honor of being called the Queen of Paper Engineering. This is ingenious. Leave it to you to find a way to "pretty" things up. AND, PLEASE don't be gone from blogland so long next time. I miss your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks so effective. What a great idea.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you back blogging - are you still on UK Scrappers ? I've only just returned, it's gone very quiet which is such a shame. Are you on Facebook ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just shown this to my other half and said "this woman is brilliant". He was suitably impressed with your make over - as was I.
    Thanks Annette.
    hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)