Wednesday 17 March 2010

WOYWW or What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday...

OK... somebody please make the world slow down just a wee bit?  Where are the days going and why don't I have enough time to do all the things I want to do?  (Apologies to all those wonderful scrappers that have jobs, have kids and other commitments and still find time to do everything)!  I used to be so organised time wise... I worked full-time, looked after my son, got the house cleaned and washing done and occasionally caught up with the ironing.... now I have long leasurely days to do what I wish and I never seem to have enough time to do half that stuff!!  (My Dad always said air fills a vacuum.... I think I know what he meant now)!! LOL
Did I finish the book that was on my desk last week?  Nope, it still needs a few pics and some tweaking but then I had to get on and do a couple of other projects which I can't show you yet... sorry!  Then the girls who scrap here decided they wanted to do my Book in a Box that looks like a Book class... but from chipboard like this one...
but... they didn't want it in that size!!  Nooooo, they wanted it bigger so I had to start all over and make a new one.... which is what is on my desk today!!   (See, I was going to get there in the end)!!

Well, the book part is on my work mat... and the box bit is to the left...

but I made the box too deep for a normal fatness book so I have changed my mind and it is now a Memory Box and I am filling it with all sorts of (s)crap.... you wanna see inside?

There are a couple of altered picture frames, a little teeny BIA tag book, a chipboard tag set of a bride and groom, a glass bottle filled with beads and a poem.... and the book on my desk, which should fill it nicely!!
Of course, I now have to make another one that is not so deep for the class.... harrumph!!
And because I have joined the clan of people lead by Julia, who cannot resist having a nose about in other peoples' scrap areas... I thought I would give you an insight into my drawers!!  LOL... my left hand drawer to be precise!!

I am right handed so all my tools are either at the back of my desk or in the drawer to my right... so this one has my inks and stuff in it.  I found the drawer dividers at Ikea and they fit brilliantly and keep stuff from becoming big heap mess!
I was in downtown Jubail a few days ago and found another store that is similar to Big World (be still my beating heart) and came across these small felt hats that have clips to fasten them to your hair... well, its not a look I would personally go for but I picked two up 'as having potential' for something....
Kinda cute eh?   So I made a handbag!!
Now all I need to do is make a shoe and the book to go into the bag and I think it will look cute on my scraproom shelves...

29 comments:

  1. Oh what fun. I love your books and the hats, feathers etc are really lovely.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the memory box (another idea to add to the ever growning list of "to do"). I think I have just the PP in mind.......

    However, it could house two books...great if wanting to do His & Hers or something similar.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hats! I can so see one in your hair LOL!

    And did you clean your desk before that photo or are you just the neatest scrapper EVER? My WOYWW always looks like a tornado has been thru my scraproom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your drawer on the left is exactly the same as mine...'cept yours is much tidier :O)) Loving the look of your desk x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I sorta knew that your drawers would be tidy. You haven't seen mine yet. For a reason! The book in a box project is gorgeous; the girls seem determined to get as much as possible out of you before you depart! As for the time thing - I'm the same...it's the always tomorrow thing I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved having a look around...thanks for sharing :) Like the little hats..although not sure why or where you would actually wear tham!! LOL
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow so much to see. Pretty book, awesomw box (great use for it and the contents are yummy) Hope you get the new one made soon so you can finish your book.
    The draw divers are great, maybe that wil help with my habby draws? maybe not, I think they are just too full.
    Great ink collection

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although you are saying you are not organised - I think it is still quite a tidy desk....also love the hat the bags and the box! Very nice!
    Caradarian

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh i love that memory box - very nice. the box book is really cool too - lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable. Those feathers, great, and amazing work on your desk!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a tidy desk!! I love the memory box and the roses and flowers and bags! You have such lovely things hiding in draws... ! 'Note to self', to keep my draws out of sight!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great boxes you make! They are truly beautiful! I really must make something other than a card out of paper, one if these days! The hats are cute and very whimsical.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so in awe of your work!! Your desk looks fab and your drawers are so organised do you fancy flying over and sorting mine? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i LOVE your books - and your book box now not a book box and the things in it..... Its all so lovely. Also i want your inks!!!

    Great idea with the hat thingy. Well spotted.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes I see something on a desk and I think why didn't I think to do that ...today is one of those days. Gem packs on a ring ...simple but so sensable. Love all your boxes and books ...and those hats ...well I dont think I could have resisted them but I would have probably added them to the pile of 'why did I buy those' lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your book looks fab. HugsPam

    ReplyDelete
  17. My mother told me about people like you ... flashing your drawers at every available opportunity :0) You make yummy things Annette ... I love that memory box ... a lot ... you always pick such delicious papers X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! you've been very productive this week! Your memory box & its contents are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh Annette where do i start i love everything on your blog today and i know what you mean about time - it's just mad at the minute! The book is gorgeous, the box is gorgeous, the other box is gorgeous the bits inside are gorgeous - I love it all - thank you so much for sharing!

    Hugs

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have really enjoyed browsing your blog today! Some great inspirational stuff. I'm with you on where does time go...I could do with 36hr days!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog...No, the kids can't eat a whole turkey leg...but they did have a very good try,. before asking dad to help them out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i love everything you make, so cant wait to see what else you come up with (and I sooooo want to go shopping with you, you find the bestest things..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooooh i love your memory box, thats beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. One day I hope to be as tidy and well-organised Annette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I know what ya mean about the time thing.. when your young the adults all say that time passes quickly but your like 'yeah whatever', then you grow up and find out there telling the truth lol
    Great craft space, i love your book and box combo's, very cool indeed :)
    hugs minxy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the book in a box, that reminds me I have a coverall to use somewhere!!
    Time disappears! I have had 10 weeks off after my operation and was back to work this week already! Time does fly!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your books and can't wait to see the finished bag and hat, I have an ink pad drawer too but have to pull everything out to find the one I want!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Flippin heck you have been a busy bee I love these little hats (but wouldn't wear one) what a great idea! love the memory boy and the book is delish

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for dropping in on my blog and for your suggestions for our Wedding/Bridal shelf in our blog shop.
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)