Saturday 23 June 2012

Another Pinterest make...

This was so much fun to do... a canvas, a box of crayons and a hot gun... mind you, I was pretty cheap about it as the canvas was a dollar store buy and first of all I went for the box of Crayola crayons which were  about $6 but then I found a 'no name' box for $1.50 for 64 crayons!!  As I had no idea how successful of not this was going to be I decided to go with the cheapy ones and they melted just fine!!
My son has decided that it is 'cool' enough to go on his apartment wall!! LOL
I keep going to Pinterest boards and choosing a new one to try... or all the time I spend pinning stuff is deemed wasteful... think when I have my scrap stuff about again I will make a mini book of all the things I tried and whether they were a success or failure.

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome ....dont forget to sign it before it makes its way to your sons place ...I think its even more special because its made from bargain bits. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This is really fab. I really love the rainbow of colours and the effect the dribbly wax gives.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like this one better than one I saw about a year ago. In that one, the gal blew the crayons around and mixed some of the colors together. Not sure where I saw it, but it was on a blog, since I'm not on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Flickr, or Twitter.

    Your son is going to be thrilled when he get this. And I bet you have tried all kinds of interesting things lately (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also saw this and want to try it
    Glad to see it does really work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is terrific!
    make more of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent drippage! I've seen this project around as well but each interpretation is different. Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab piece of art, I just love the colours. It's no wonder that son wants to keep it.

    My daughter moans because when she likes something I've made, it is always a swap for someone else!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)