Saturday 2 May 2009

Mum's Arabian Lady

When we were on holiday in Egypt, at one of the hotels the signs on the toilet doors to indicate ladies or gents were beautiful and Mum and I fell in love with them. We did have a look about for something similar but to no avail, so I told Mum I would give it a go and see if I could make her something similar. Mum, hope this will do.... it's in the post!! :)
Its on chipboard and the backing paper is by 7Gypsies while the water colour is a copy of a Ali Zhang painting.

13 comments:

  1. I thought you were going to say : so I stole her one... I swear i did... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Very elegant indeed.

    How big is it?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annette, that is stunning - your Mum will love it. You are a clever thing.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annette, if you have a moment you might like to drop by my blog and see the books that our crop ladies created utilizing your hidden keeper pages - thank you for letting us use your instructions, the ladies have had such fun.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very nice :o) so elegant

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that is just faboulase, your Mum will love it and know I would.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW Annette - great work ... and that water colour ... Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really beats the silhouettes we get in the UK! Well done on recreating this it is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous!
    You are such a clever bunny :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful. You are very clever!

    Are you going to do a male one?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG Annette, watercolors as well as being THE mini book Queen!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)