Tuesday 9 November 2010

What's on Your Work Desk 10th November 2010

Here we are again - Wednesday and the chance to have a lovely snoop about all sorts of lovely work desks.  If you haven't a clue what I am going on about - where have you been for the last 6 months?? LOL  No, just kidding, you can find out all about it from our esteemed leader of the snoop, Julia. 
I have to admit that this is a very unusual sight for my desk... it's a mess!  I thought I would be able to make one design and then repeat it and repeat it.... I can't!!  So I have all sorts of stuff all over the place in the hope that it all sitting there will keep me inspired enough to continue making Christmas cards.... that may not work either!  
I quite like this one... the camera has not done it any favours as it has some nice blingy bits on it.
It also appears that I am completely unable to take a straight photograph and I think that the ribbon describes me.... well, some of the time!
Not sure about this one at all.... think it needs something but haven't a cookin clue what...
I did have a lovely break from the card making yesterday morning though, Odelia picked me up and took me to a designer outlet mall on the outskirts of Calgary and we had a lovely time looking around all the shops. I am still in shock at the wooden Wendy house on display.... a very pretty wooden Wendy house with wooden tiles on the roof and a price tag of $2,800.00 and then I noticed the sign that said that the model shown had all the upgrades and was actually $4,326.00  pffft!  What the heck?  Someone, somewhere will no doubt have more money than sense and will buy it....  
Odelia is a bit of a handbag collector... and shoes collector... mostly of the expensive designer sort so we had to head into the Coach store, didn't we?  I perked up a bit when I noticed they had 50% off a huge selection of their bags but even with 50% off they were definitely not cheap and then this lovely sales lady came up and handed me a 20% off voucher.  Now, you know and I know how these vouchers work.... you can't use them on anything that is already reduced in price, so I headed back to the selection of 50% off which seemed the wisest thing to do... then the sales lady came up and told me that I could use the voucher on the 50% off bags too!!  Wooo Hooo!  Happy Dance... Happy Dance... that was 70% off!!  So I chose a beauty of a bag and told Chris when he got in from work that he had bought my Christmas present!! :)    

31 comments:

  1. and the picture of the bag is where? How can you casually drop such information into your blog and then not photograph it? I am in suspense!
    I love the WOYWW even though I don't have one. I have to clear my table every day so we can eat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Annette. Perhaps a little bling for the snowflake one? don't think it would need anything else.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cards are lovely ..... I would love to see the bag. Do we have to wait till xmas? Sandra (x68)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards on deisplay thanks for sharing
    hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the cards hun - the one with the deer is my fave :O)) So, a new handbag? For Christmas? so, has Chris taken it and hidden it or have you got it filled up with nick nacks already LOL Come on, wanna see a piccie of it too... fabby bargain you got there... as for the Wendy house.. that is just madness... I saw a dogcatbed in Harrods once, it was £10,000!!! Told Alf not to get any idea's ROFL xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. IMHO I like the top card best - oh, you weren't asking for mHO, sorry ;=( really I like them all, it's just that I like that one best. I wish I had more money than sense...now that I think about it I do, just not much of either!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love those designer outlet malls, I stock up when we go to the US on holibobs. I can't believe you didn't show us the bag though, booo! You know we're a nosey bunch!

    If you'd like some of my bargain thread, I'd be happy to post some over to you. I have more than I would ever use in 100 lifetimes! You can get my email address off my blogger profile page :-)

    Ciara
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards especially the Reindeer one. Thanks for the snoop. Carolxx...66

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab cards Annette. And 70% off Coach? Not too shabby. I am going to buy my own Xmas gift too but it's likely to be microwavable slippers to keep my feet warm LOL! Loving the You might also like: boxes on your blog too.

    Have a great WOYWW!

    Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deal on the purse! Nice cards too. Yes, I made the birds. I should post a separate photo with the punches I used. So glad you visited!

    Terry #21

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some lovely work on your desk!x

    Maria inkymits
    #84 (i think)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had this many Christmas cards under my belt! Thanks for sharing the fun, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We all step over to the dark side once in a while Annette, I've been there a few times myself, always nice to come back though. Great Crimbo cards so far. Perhaps add some glitter to the large snowflakes and a button in the center in a bright colour, red maybe?, threaded with something (thin ribbon, jute twine, embroidery thread) tied in a bow. That's my suggestion anyway!

    Hugs
    Brenda 90

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the display of cards on show here, they are fab. I am seriously behind now!! Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And where, please, is the picture of that bag?
    I actually love your Christmas cards, but I know what you mean about repeating one design over and over again. So boring and a killer to your creative juices. I'm sure that you come up with many more beautiful cards because you are such a creative lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely busy inspiring desk. It's ok about the sleep I never was the best sleeper before the baby boy it's just twice as bad sometimes with my useless sleep habits and his non-sleeping habits, thank goodness I let the teaching go for flexible work!!
    Yes the butterflies are to be turned in to mini albums but ones for the recipient to fill up.
    I think the cards are great too - I agree about the bling on the snowflakes I'd go for some glitter lining and maybe a sparkly middle or 2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Annette, love your desk.........and the card are FAB......especially the Reindeer one. S x #12

    ReplyDelete
  18. pretty pretty cards. love your tag card too.

    Thank you for letting me know that word verification was on. I actually had no idea. Spent an hour looking for how to remove it, someone posted last week but i gave up and just started looking on blogger and now think i have removed it.

    well enough rambling, off to visit more WOYWWers. caroline #6

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh - pity I don't live over there - would love that dolls house (NOT). Wow - what a price!
    Love your cards, especially like the reindeer one - and I can see the bling!

    Happy Wednesday!
    ps I do have a lot more books than I thought - eek.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm lovin' your holiday cards on the desk there!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Christmas cards are wonderful! Thanks for showing us your desk! #102

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annette, just to answer your question - my name is pronounced Cárola, so the emphasis on the first a. Emphasis on the o is more common, but my parents had other ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh it's Christmas in your desk! and wonderful cards. my favorite is the first one with all the shiny bits.
    loved your story about the bargain bag. you should have put it on your desk so we could see it. or did you wrap it up in Christmas wrapper so that you would be surprised on Christmas day?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the cards. The price of the house is ridiculous.....a cardboard box will do the same :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab cards and we need a pic of that bag next week please...!


    A.xx(4)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely selection of cards and, yes, I too know how difficult it is to photograph cards straight on to the camera. Now, where's that bag - gotta see it:) Elizabeth #63

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh you've been having fun - I'm the same, multiples of one card are anathema for me....but I do understand and even feel the need!! So do we have to wait till after Christmas to see the bargain bag?!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. loving those cards Annette, I'm going to try & make my Christmas cards this weekend
    C
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely things on the go!
    Sorry I'm a bit late!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great christmas cards and that tree? just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  31. Did you think I forgot you? Not at all. I'm busy up to my eyeballs and haven't had time to visit. I really love the tree card and as I was scrolling down to see what I had missed (came in through your profile page), I know I'm going to check out your next post, too.

    Those cards are beautiful, but I agree that the one needs more, but also like you, I have no idea what.

    As for the handbag, did you wrap it up, so you would be surprised at Christmas? And what did Chris think of the gift he got you? You know we're going to want to see that 70% off beauty, soon. I'm off to check out your next post. Have a lovely day and thanks for being there for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)