Tuesday 1 January 2013

A Brand New Year - 2013

If I look back over 2012 it is with some sense of 'well, I made it through' with the upheaval of selling the house and moving from Canada back to Scotland, the boxes... yes, the never ending boxes played a big role too!  Once I got some semblance of order in the house I had son and heir arrive a couple of weeks before Christmas, who is going to live in this house for the couple of years we are in Australia... and he arrived with furniture and boxes.... so I have spent another few weeks trying to fit his stuff in!!
and now Christmas is over and the New Year is here and I have to start on the 'getting to Oz' stage, which means packing.... boxes!!
So it will be goodbye to my home here in Scotland, again, and hello Brisbane..... I can do this... I keep telling myself... I can do this!!
Happy New Year to you all, hope it brings you everything you need.

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you all. Bet you can't wait for the day when boxes are no more!


    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your new move,x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it gal. You can. And it's always worth it. And Chris won't be happy without you to make him a home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy new year quine and best of luck in Oz
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year... Lots of luck in OZ... you can do it!!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Annette you will love it in Brisbane.... a beautiful city have lots of family up there.

    ... but boy be prepared.. you are leaving a Scottish winter for Qld summer and that is hotter than here.. it it the humidity that will hit you (up to 95% here today) as you descend from the plane to Brisbane.. full face on or maybe when you leave tarmac depending on what sort of flight you are on...
    Once you survive the first month or so it does cool down and enjoy it...
    Not sure what your arrangements are house wise but one imortant question to ask with Brisbane is to ask if the house is in flood zone as flood two years ago showed up a lot of problems.
    Not everywhere is but best to ask as distance from river or creek is nothing to do with it, as it can be run off.
    God bless you with everything in every way, you are to be commended for your willingness and you will not regret it either..

    No place like Oz not matter where I go, best place in world I where I live.
    I will try to catch up with the progress, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you poor thing, boxes, boxes and more boxes. But Annette think of all the amazing things you've seen in between the boxes (not literally obviously) and the fabulous countries and cultures and weathers you've enjoyed (well some of the weathers weren't so enjoyable). I hope the box packing isn't too traumatic and definitely live by your keep calm and carry on motto - you can do it !!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If anybody can; you can Annette. You seem to cope so well - I'm not sure I could have even attempted all that packing & unpacking.

    Wishing you all the very best for 2013.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admire your patience and your power of endurance.Happy New Year!! (:o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)