Saturday 12 January 2013

Still playing...

I had noticed that Andy used little number/letters on some of his pieces and I really liked the way it made the 'metal' item look authentic so I did a quick search on eBay and found a punch set which was reasonably priced and when it turned up at the house yesterday morning it was in this plain wooden box....
 well, what's a girl to do when she is faced with a wooden object? LOL
This is it opened with the punches all neatly lined up.
and this is it now!!
and I think I have the coolest punch set ever!
and the biggest laugh of all?  I forgot to use the punches on the box... I know, what a numpty!!
and just to prove that nothing is safe in this house at the moment... I picked up this silvered sheet metal rocking horse a couple of weeks ago for a certain person's birthday (yep, like you need any clues on that one)! It had some scuff marks on it so i thought I would have a play...
I think he looks like a very old and loved rocking horse now...

11 comments:

  1. I love this technique!!! How's is done???
    The wooden punch box was cool enough before you started to work on it, but now
    ...... it's amazing!!!! :-)
    Brenda
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I just say WOW, and WOW - the box and horse are just stunning, and yeh I'd probably have forgotten to use the punches too lol
    Debz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The punch box is fantastic!
    I bought a punch set from the hardware shop and it came in a very ornery grey plastic box!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowza!!!!

    That box is fabulous and the horse looks beautiful.

    I might just have to sign-up for his on-line workshop as I don't think I can wait until March when I go on the real live thing.

    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Idea to do the punch box!.... I can see what you mean when you say nothing is safe LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are you like - you did make me giggle Annette - but the box looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, I have punch box envy, that is gorgeous, love the rocking horse too.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous box - clever you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a trasformation - on both! the box is truly amazing and the horse is just so darned charming. both great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these projects! yes, you have the coolest punch set ever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)