Wednesday 17 December 2008

JYC December 17th


The Perfect Gift seems to be another of those things we put ourselves through as parents. Each year before Christmas there is always some craze for the hard to get present that every child has asked Santa for... and you end up feeling like the worst sort of parent if you can’t get it/can’t afford to get it, even if you could, get it, that is!! Tracy Island was the one I failed miserably at, not only was it expensive, it was nigh on impossible to get hold of, and to make matters worse, Christopher’s best friend, Charlie, got one, his Dad found it in Macro in Aberdeen. It worked out well in the end, because the two boys always played together so Christopher enjoyed playing with Charlie’s and would take along all his Thunderbird models – which I did manage to buy.

Furby was another version of the ‘must have’ toy – and I went to every toyshop in Aberdeenshire to get hold of one of these illusive creatures, paying almost double the retail price when I did locate one!! I still have it, because like all ‘must have’ toys... they are ignored within days of receiving them and I felt sorry for it, so ‘adopted’ it and Chris bought me another one so it had someone to chat to!!

4 comments:

  1. As always, wonderful pages!
    Since you're staying on task so well, will you do mine so I can be up to date? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Annete and you brought to mind all the "must haves" that colleagues have frantically tried to get in past years...the Telly Tubbies (groan), Buzz Lightyear, various special edition Barbies. Glad my niece and cousin are all grown up now LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does one do when one can not sleep? one shares a friendship award with a fellow crafter LOL

    Details over on my blog Annette.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way too funny...we have a sad lonely furbie here too. Just glad I didn't buy it.
    Lovely layout today again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)