Monday 29 December 2008

JYC December 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ,28

'twas the night before Christmas and all through the house...

not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse... well, it was a good job there were no mice running about because Gypsy was sound asleep in the armchair exhausted from playing
with the catnip string mouse we found in a shop in Bahrain and couldn’t resist buying for
her.... and in true traditional style, we let her open a present on Christmas Eve, just like I did
when Christopher was little... and he always found a pair of new pyjamas inside!!




Christmas Day started with Chris and I getting up late and then enjoying pancakes and maple syrup. I started on the preparation for the evening Christmas Dinner, veggies to peel and meat to marinate.Chris and I sat and opened our presents later in the morning, I was spoiled as per usual and received lots of pretty things that Chris had bought in Bahrain like the Arabian perfume bottles for my dressing table, glass ornaments for our tree from Egypt, a wonderful old ring seal with Arabic writing and a brand new wedding and engagement ring.
Dinner was planned for 7 pm and our guests turned up from 6 pm onwards, Odelia brought round the food she had been preparing, Joumanna arrived with hummus and bread, John arrived with his lemon cake and baked apples... the table groaned under the weight of goodies!
Everyone started going home around 10 pm and Chris and I cleaned up, filled the dishwasher, crammed left-overs into the fridge and then we went to bed, exhausted!





Boxing Day is a time to relax, mooch about, have frothy coffee with friends, nap in the afternoon
and watch movies on the TV, so we did just that!! We taught Odelia and Alister, our neighbours,
how to make bubble and squeak with the left-overs and cold meat –which I think is going to be a firm favourite with them from now on...
Poor Chris... back to work when he would much rather be....

As you can see, I am playing catch-up with the prompts, some of these have been done for a while but I wanted to upload them in order.... so it might have been worth actually doing them in order instead of skipping about but rather than leave them all, I did the ones I could! LOL

9 comments:

  1. awesome pages, you look like you had a great christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fab Christmas, am loving your pages.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must have been a VERY different christmas but so glad you all had a good time!! You spoilt thing though.... a NEW engagement ring and wedding ring!! - lucky you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pages and sounds as though a good time was had by all!
    Hugs
    Denise
    oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. great work you have going there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your LO's hun, sounds like you have had a great Christmas....Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to you ... lotsa hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pages - which I could get myself started on a xmas mini-album - but at least I have blogged daily in December for two years now - that should make it a bit easier - RIGTH???

    Love the photo of you as Mrs Santa - GREAT.

    Wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR - thanks for visiting my blog during 2008 - I looove visitors - especially from abroad as that makes blogging in two languages worthwhile. Thanks for blogging and showing all this wonderful stuff - I love the inspiration you provide and read every word - especially because you're a funny lady indeed. ALL THE BEST

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)