Tuesday 9 December 2008

JYC December 9th

Today's prompt was all about the traditions we have with regard to our Christmas and one of my favourites is the Christmas stockings. Each person has their own stocking that comes out each year (Chris' is suffering with age a little but he still uses it), Christopher's is white with a Snowman in a pocket - the 'flying through the air' Snowman and he has had it since his 2nd Christmas!! Mine is not the same, I see a new pretty version in the shops and I have to have it... I change the colour scheme for Christmas and I buy one to match... which means we always have plenty of 'surplus' stockings for guests!!

I made a secret keeper for the page and put one of my fav quotes in it, because it basically reinforces my childish attachment to Christmas stockings!!


9 comments:

  1. What a fab quote and a beautiful page

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quote. We all have the same stockings every year as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Quote. Love your pages for your christmas journal. We have stockings too we all made our own and the children even did their own sewing too they get hung on the bedroom door and know if a piece of fruit is inside they know santa has been. Thank you for your comments on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving your pages xxx
    Dont forget we are running a 12 day blog candy give away starting today (not weekends) over at www.fiskarettes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quote - and SO true. Love the reindeer in your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE how the "tag" opens up. And I like "tradition" - did you stamp on it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That secret keeper is a neat idea. I love the soft colours you are using too. Very nice again.

    That quote is cute too.

    An Altered Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)