Tuesday 30 December 2008

JYC December 30th

Today's prompt was to look back over 2008 and remember the important events.

Don't you just love those cute little eyes instead O's?? LOL
Added photos to the tags of the main events of the year.

Looking back on 2008 I think we had a pretty eventful year with lots more ups than downs.
January and February Mum was staying with me, while Chris went off to Saudi Arabia for a business trip of 3 months.
March 4th was Christopher’s 21st birthday.
April – we had the front garden landscaped and a wall built, making the gardens front and back as maintenance free as possible so that when we are away for long periods it doesn’t get out of hand.
July – Christopher passed his final exams for his BSc in Policing gaining a 2.1 honours degree and making me very proud of his hard work.
Chris and I celebrated 9 years of marriage.
August – I had Chris’ study re-done by removing the wardrobes and having book shelves built in and lighting as an anniversary present.
September 1stWe paid off our mortgage!! What a nice feeling that is, debt free at last...
September 11th – Christopher Graduated from University and Mum flew from France, Chris flew in from Saudi and we all went down South to watch the ceremony.
September 21st – Chris and I flew out to Jubail in Saudi Arabia for a 1 year assignment.
November – Christopher passed his driving test and bought his first car.
December – Chris and I took a trip to Bahrain and celebrated Christmas in Jubail.

9 comments:

  1. I love seeing your interpretation of JYC - Happy New Year X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an eventful year you've had-hope 2009 is a great one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy year Annette...can't wait to see what you have lined up for 2009.

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had an eventful year this year. You must be so chuffed that you have kept up with the promts too.
    Me? Ahem well!!
    I did look through it last night but was too overwhelmed, only got first 3 days done!! I am not giving up completely though it might just take me till next Christmas to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many things, so little time. May 2009 bring you much joy & happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow you've had an amazing year annette, can't wait to see what you do in 2009, happy new year xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an eventful year you had. I have loved seeing your view of the JYC and with stunning pages too.

    Hope you have a fantastic 2009
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. just wanted to wish you Annette a wonderful Christmas and say a big thank you for such inspiration in our scrapping world - I enjoy reading your blog and see your creations and in turn they help me to create also. Thanks again and hope that your 2009 is as good as and if NOT BETTER than 2008.

    All the very very best.

    Gilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year VV....I hope its a good one for you and your family. Thanks for making blogland so special x
    hugs RubyMay x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)