Thursday 18 December 2008

JYC December 18th


The Christmas Menu
Adaptation is the key, and none of the traditional things I am used to appear to be available here in Saudi Arabia, no mince pies, no Christmas puddings, no Christmas cake, no ham to glaze, and no wine with the meal. Chris and I are off in the morning to spend 3 days in Bahrain to see if we can seek out some of my festive treats and maybe even smuggle a gammon back under my Abayah!
Some of my guests are bringing a dish with them on Christmas day so it will be an interesting event whatever happens. Joumanna and Samir, from Lebanon, are bringing freshly made humous for dips and vine leave wraps for a starter, Odelia and Alistair, from Canada, are bringing devilled eggs, pumpkin pie and baked yams – yams? I don’t think I have eaten a yam)! John, from Texas, is bringing his delish lemon cake so maybe not my traditional British fair but a lovely mixture of people and their specialities – it sounds like a pretty good deal to me! Bon Appetite...

Oh... and if there are no further updates to this blog... they found the gammon!! ;)

9 comments:

  1. I've got a blog award over on my blog for you! ;) Check it out!

    Hope you'll be back with or without the gammon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!
    I hope there aren't any sniffer dogs at the border post...
    Sounds like you are going to have a delicious Christmas, gammon or not ;o)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds very interesting gammon or not. Thank you for all your kind comments to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! love the gammon chirp!

    Sounds like a real feast! Enjoy & have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fab menu...perhaps giving the gammon a miss might be a good idea LOL...I mean...how would you finish this years journal LOL

    Toni :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they dont find your gammon joint LOL.You are going to have a very interesting christmas fayre this year- but I think it is great to have the experience of all those dishes to enjoy with great company.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it will be a fun dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Annette, whatever you end up eating! Really enjoying your journal, going to read back a few posts I've missed. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, who thought gammon could be so exciting!! Hope you manage to bag one and bring it safely home. Your Christmas party sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment, it is truly appreciated - sort of confirms that it is more than my Mum and husband that read this thing! :)